June 25, 2010

MY PURPOSE

Hello & welcome to my blog

First I wanted to say that I've always thought blogging was kinda stupid! I don't have much patience for celebrity gossip and I don't generally feel the need to know what someone ate for breakfast. However, I must admit that I am extremely jealous of people who can make a living by blogging. That would be an incredible honor, to be able to freely journal my thoughts and opinions and have them considered important to other people.

On that note..

I understand that this blog might not be important to many people. And that's okay. With this blog I intend to write for myself. My purpose is to document my journey towards health. I have recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. It has become clear to me that my life will need to change drastically if I expect to live my ideal life. I have always been skeptical of Western medicine, and I have now begun a self-directed exploration of alternative health therapies and lifestyle changes. I have every intention of reversing my illness and proving the doctors wrong.

I want to focus on health and gratitude and positivity and continuous learning. It is also important to me to embrace honesty - including the real, human emotions that come with struggles and the stress of my life. It's all part of the journey.

So if any of this intrigues you, I invite you to read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment