November 12, 2012

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SPEND TIME WAITING FOR ANSWERS

I find this to be utterly inspiring and a much needed reminder:

"As a 70-year-old woman who was diagnosed with primary progressive M.S. in 1988, I find the rush to find “cures” misses the point. Dependence on medicine debilitates M.S. sufferers the most. I have never used medication for M.S. Instead, I work out twice a week with my trainer and swim laps four days a week. I do not eat meat or poultry, nor do I consume alcohol, caffeine or sugar. I avoid stress and find joy in my work as a photographer. Yes, my M.S. has progressed. But that does not keep me from living a full life. I will never look for a “cure.” Life is too short to spend time searching for answers that may never come." - Patricia Lay-Dorsey (nytimes.com, Nov. 9, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment