July 10, 2010

MEDITATION

The power of the mind is just that - powerful. Scientific studies show that mental rehearsal can be just as effective as physical practice. It has EXACTLY the same effect. We're talking about visualization. [There is TONS of evidence on this, feel free to research it more!] If you imagine yourself doing what you want, being who you want to be, it will manifest into reality. And on the contrary, if you fill your mind with negative thoughts, you might find that the life you are living is not to your satisfaction. It might manifest physically in your body as tension or pain.

I'm reading a really interesting book right now called Evolve Your Brain by Joe Dispenza. He speaks of how he and others have used this incredible ability to overcome illness and injury. And we all have this innate ability to focus our energy. I find his book very encouraging, because he talks about how people are perceived as insane when they seek a miraculous cure to their disease, and yet, he has studied many people who have achieved exactly this.

For me, meditation is not easy by any stretch. With our busy lives, it is hard to find that quiet time to sit and be alone, with ourselves and our thoughts, in the present. We are conditioned to always keep busy, or at least keep our minds distracted. I am guilty of it, I often keep the tv on just for some background noise.

It has become clear to me that meditation and visualization are going to be part of my new health routine. For me personally, I know deep down that any other changes I make, be it diet or exercise, will be futile if I am not in the mindset for healing. It is about tuning in to my body and its stresses and needs. It's about positive self talk. It's about preparedness and "psyching myself up". It's stess reduction, and feeling a sense of control and choice.. Most importantly of all, it is about seeing the possibility of health. Seeing my self in my most ideal state, as my most ideal self, and seeing it into reality.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right with you Tori. Our minds are capable of amazing things. It is, however, impossibly difficult to steal some solitary time for yourself where you let yourself focus on nothing and everything. My advice would be to just surround yourself with positive energy, to actively seek out the positive and distance yourself from the negative.

    Thats what i began to do when I broke up with Ryan and honestly, i haven't been happier in years. I am amazed at who i have become. I am amazed I can feel this good.

    Be with people who make you laugh and feel good about yourself. Do things you love. You are on the right track girl.

    ReplyDelete